A non-provisional patent draft is a techno-legal document describing the invention in-depth and discloses the best method of carrying out the invention. Thus, also known as a complete patent application.
It is directly filed before the patent office by either a patent agent or an inventor where the inventor wishes to protect the invention.
A Complete specification / non-provisional specification can be filed with either of the following two options:
1. Direct filing – Complete specification is filed directly before the Indian Patent office without filing any corresponding provisional specification.
2. Subsequent filing-
Analogy of Complete specification:
- Thorough understanding of the invention disclosure form
- Marking the important elements of the invention
- Discussing with the inventor.
Incorporation of all the embodiments and illustrations Claim Enablement
First Set of claim preparation
Review and suggestions by the inventor
Incorporating the Inventor’s inputsSending to the inventor for the review for approval
Repeating step 2,3 and 4 till client’s approval
Final claims prepared after the final client approval.
Incorporation of all embodiments and illustrations
- Sending the complete draft for multiple reviews.
- Seeking an attorney review ( if applicable)
- Sending the patent draft to the client
- Incorporating suggestions from the client/ attorney
- Preparing the final draft.